How to start an Internet Cafe business
Based on our 10 year setup experience
Want to have an Internet Cafe business? This article is for you.
Internet Cafe is truly one of the most profitable business in the Philippines today. Imagine, it converts every minute of your life into money.
Now people are thinking, how can we start an Internet Cafe business?
Read on.... as we educate you on how to start this lucrative business.
First things first, the place.
- Ideal locations for an Internet Cafe are near the church, school, market place or inside the community.
- There should have a 'high foot volume'.
- If you will be renting a place, make sure that it has no water leak on the ceiling because computers are sensitive to this.
- Also, it must be well ventilated if you will not be using air con.
- It should have an access to broadband connections like DSL and Wireless broadband
- For 5 computers or less, SMARTBRO can still be used. That's 384kbps to 512kbps of speed. For cafe with more than 5, you should consider 1mbps or more.
- Ask your neighbors or other subscribers in the area if the broadband service is good or bad before applying.
TABLES AND CHAIRS
- Ok, table varies. You really need to consider the dimension of your shop when deciding the design of your tables. Smaller place means thinner tables or compress. You can put your CPUs at the top by placing a long flywood. Ask your carpenter about it.
- Check your neighbor Internet Cafes. This will give you an idea what it works and not. Do you need to put drawers for keyboards? Our recommendation is no. Because it will only worn out easily.
- You can put dividers or use your CPUs to serve as dividers.
- Make sure it has at least 3 sockets in every outlet of every cubicle. 1 for CPU, 1 for Monitor and 1 for speaker, or for standby.
- As for the chairs, it will depend to the class of your shop. Usually, monoblock chairs are being used.
- This is the most difficult part of putting up an Internet Cafe. One mistake, your investment is gone. Never trust your future to salesmen.
- Only listen to those people who are dedicated in setting up an Internet Cafe because they know what are the parts that works and those parts that will only give you a bigger investment but produce same results/profit. Remember: Bigger investment means longer to recover.
- Go for Internet Cafe packages instead of building up and experimenting on your own. These packages are tried and tested.
- Consider icafebusiness.com because it has setup several Internet Cafes across Luzon and was even featured on a TV show like GONEGOSYO hosted by actress/entrepreneur Gladys Reyes on its episode entitled: "Business for OFWs".
These are the things that you seriously need to consider when starting up an Internet Cafe. We wish you success on your business and if there's anything else we can help, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Next suggested readings:
Why Internet Cafe is still a good business in the Philippines
View pictures of our recent set-up
Affordable Internet Cafe packages